Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Introducing our Summit County Vendors!


Meet Cindy Crockett from Cindy's Creations...
Hi my name is Cindy Crockett and I've created Cindy's Creations.  

I'm 48 years old I've lived in the Akron, Ohio area all my life. I have two rescue dogs, Samantha and Rusty. I call Samantha my double wide because she is unusually wide and Rusty my dust mop because of all of his hair.

I lost my job in 2010 with many other people. I've searched and could not find a job and I was getting worried, then my mother became ill, so my husband and I decided to sell our home and move in the basement and become her caregiver.

I've been making jewelry for 6 months now and I love it. It started out to be something to do to stay home with my mother, and make some money.
How I got started.. I went to Jo-Ann Fabrics and I wondered into the section of beads and saw all types of beads imaginable. My mind went crazy and I was thinking I could make jewelry if I read up on it. Every where I went I was asking questions on how to and what do you use that for? Instead of this being a hobby it is now my obsession. My mother sits and watches me and comments on the beautiful colors and she gets to try everything on to make sure the size is correct and that it lays nicely it is very therapeutic for her.

I have a knack for putting beads together and making something beautiful without really getting ideas they all come from my mind. I see something and I start to play with it and Wham! I just created another new creation!
This isn't something I thought I would be doing but I really enjoy doing it and I enjoy watching the people look at my jewelry and seeing their face get excited about how nice it looks on them, I like being able to create unique jewelry for all types of people and I will continue to do this for years to come.

I've just started out so I have not been to any Avant-Garde Art & Craft Shows yet. I'm very excited about doing the 2012 Summit County Winter Avant-Garde Art & Craft Show. It is going to be a great time and a worthy cause and I'm hoping to learn from other crafters and see all the new ideas and their creations. In the mean time I will be doing 16 craft shows before December and I'm hoping I will do well.
God has given me a gift of making jewelry, am I the best in the business? No, but do I enjoy making people happy and seeing their faces glow when trying on my jewelry. This is absolutely why I will continue to grow and enjoy my gift as long as I am able to do so.

Meet Denice Warrington from Designs by Denice...
My name is Denice Warrington and I am a recently retired nurse from the burn unit at Akron Children's Hospital. What started as a hobby and love of crystals, has now turned into a part time business for my company Designs by Denice. The best part about what I do is that I enjoy creating different items for many people.

I have been creating designs for 3 months. I got into my craft when I had spare time once retirement began. This became my craft hobby! I started my own business to share the beauty of what I create with others.

My creative process is very much trial and error. If I see or think of something I may like I try to design it. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it does not. I also ask my daughter in law who is younger and teaches teenagers, she helps me to figure out what that age group may like. It is important to encompass all age groups with my work, which has opened me to many different designs.

The thing I enjoy the most about creating handmade unique items is the sense of accomplishment in using the gifts God has given me. The message behind my work is enjoy the beauty in life.

Check out these featured vendors at the 2012 Summit County Winter Avant-Garde Art & Craft Show. This show will feature a large selection of talented handmade artisans and crafters. A portion of the show's proceeds will be donated to Jade's No Kill Rescue for animal rescue.


2012 Summit County Winter Avant-Garde Art & Craft Show
Sunday, December 15, 2012 11:00am-6:00pm
The Tangier
532 West Market St.
Akron, OH 44303
For more information, contact Becki Cooper, Event Coordinator at info@avantgardeshows.com
Visit us on:

3 comments:

  1. Just a quick note, Cindy is actually working on bracelets for guys too :) Very cool, new stull all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited about being in the Winder Advant-Garde show in December, come to my website and you will see what I will be doing at the show. www.jewelrycreationsbycindy.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. My website is www.jewelrycreationsbycindy.com

    ReplyDelete