Friday, September 15, 2017

Get ready to shop till you drop!

Meet Barb Hubert From Eagle Wings Art...
Hi, my name is Barb Hubert and I’ve been retired for about 5 years now. I took up watercolor to give me something to do with myself, and I fell in love with art! After just 1 year with a friend/teacher, I took off and now after only 5 years and never painting a day before that, have over 300 + original watercolor paintings, mixed media paintings,  plus prints of my paintings and print blank notecards.
I feel this is a gift that God has given me, so I give back to Him!  40% of my profits go to help, The Cleveland Pregnancy Center or the Bible League Int’l.  I love painting, using different mediums, like real leaves, salt, saran wrap and anything else to make my paintings different and unique!  I love to experiment!  I am inspired by all of nature around me, and I marvel at the works of God! 
I, always, always have a painting in process, usually 2 or 3!  You will find birds, animals, owls, landscapes, children’s art, florals,  modern and abstract art , plus I now am offering to paint your home in watercolor called “Pen and Wash”! There are three sizes with separate prices, so ask me about them! I will also be showing my favorite winter/fall art, so take advantage of the coupon, save $5 off a 30.00 purchase and get your Christmas shopping started!
I have beautiful summer/fall/winter blank notecards for sale and (I've started a new section to my art, which I call, “Scripture Options”, with some of my paintings including gold with black plaques inscribed with inspirational scripture!  Ask me about them!

Meet Kathleen Modory from A Moment For Mom...
I am a working mom of two beautiful kids and I live in Medina Ohio. I love all types of crafting! I have been making bath bombs for over a year now and have participated in about 10 Avant-Garde show so far!
I love to challenge myself to make new interesting things. One of my favorite things is to dream up ideas and figure out how to make them come to life!
The thing that really got me into making bath bombs is that I really liked buying bath bombs but they can be so expensive! So I started to make my own. I wanted to provide people with an affordable bath bomb option. I worked hard to figure out the chemistry behind bath bombs. It took more than a few batches to get it right.
In 5 years I will still hopefully be working the crafting circuit. I want to give people an affordable option to take a relaxing bath.

Meet Debi Salzman from Debi's Doodles...
I am an elementary school teacher in the Cleveland Metropolitan School District. I never excelled at art when I was a child. I really couldn't even draw a straight line!
I started doing glass fusion art almost 4 years ago. A friend of mine at a 65th birthday party at Spirit of Clay in Mayfield, Heights, Ohio. I hemmed and hawed, whined and complained that I wasn't creative and couldn't design the 6 inch square we were given to decorate. I made some sort of design, the whole time thinking that I would never be back. About 2 days later, I did return and have been glass fusing ever since!
I LOVE color! On one website for glass fusing on Facebook, I am called the color lady. I love bright colors. Color brings a smile to faces. I have an Early Childhood background, so many of my glass pieces are whimsical and fun.

I begin pieces by deciding what colors I might want to use. I then cut various shapes with no design in mind. I then design and redesign. I move pieces, add new colors and take away colors. A design appears! I begin gluing and sometimes the design changes for the better.
I have made platters to match dishes, bowls, plates, business card holders, spoon rests, menorahs, soap dishes, plaques, candy dishes/vases and mezuzahs. I can make special orders to match kitchens, bathrooms etc.

Glass fusion and Spirit of Clay is my happy place. It is really my cheap therapy!
If you haven't tried glass fusion, Try it yo will like it!



2017 Fairlawn Fall Avant-Garde Art & Craft Show
Saturday September 16th, 2017
St. George's Fellowship Centre
3204 Ridgewood Rd.
Fairlawn, OH 44333
For more information, contact Becki Silverstein, Event Coordinator at Becki@ag-shows.com
Visit us on:
FACEBOOK
LINKEDIN


x

No comments:

Post a Comment