Friday, May 4, 2018

It's Show Time Fairlawn Vendors!

Meet Michael Peskar from Peskar's Leather Goods....
My name is Mike and I live in Parma. I have a son who will graduate in 2019. I'm just starting out with my crafting business and I am excited that Avant-Garde will be my first craft show. My son inspired me to start my crafting business to help save for his college. I make handmade leather tassels and woven leather key rings. I am working on adding leather wallets and other small leather goods. All my items are made with premium quality Horween Leather. In five years I will be retired from my day job and I want to be doing this full time.


Meet Debi Salzman from Debi's Doodles...
I am a teacher by profession. I did my first piece at a friend’s birthday party 5 years ago. I did not like it at all! I didn’t give it a fair chance, so I went back. Now, I think of pieces in my dreams! I have done 3 Avant-Garde shows. 
I love colorful, bright pieces. I am not afraid to mix various colors that would normally not be put together. 
In glass, everything looks beautiful together. Practice helped me become more confident. I usually have an idea of a piece I want to make. I then choose colors. I hem and haw mixing and matching. I then decide if the piece will be squares, circles, mosaic etc. I then cut the glass and start creating. As I learned, most things you have to give a second chance. I am so glad I did. I love glass fusing!

Meet Lindsay from Wanderer Lindsay Photography...
I use imagery and writing to promote mindfulness and focus on the day-by-day journey of life. This helps remove stress and anxiety by showcasing "the little things" that provide peace and inspiration, which should be taken to heart as we face society's limiting beliefs. It is the same peace and inspiration that I used to overcome my own anxiety. My photography primarily consists of the topics of nature and travel, but with a different light as the focus is on the finer details like flowers or doors of infrastructure, instead of the general landscape and tourist imagery. I have been creating since February of 2017 and this will be my first Avant-Garde Art & Craft Show. I am inspired to create by my need to help others, the act of being mindful, and the world itself that is full of ideas and inspiration everywhere you look! 
I have always been a creative for as long as I can remember.  I draw, sew, write, craft, anything and everything really.  Photography and writing stand out to me the most because they have impacted my life the most thus far. I discovered my talent while studying abroad in Germany in the fall of 2013.  The amount of pictures I took baffled my family, and a number of them were stunning to them because they were more artistic and meaningful than the normal tourist photos.  Ever since then, I immersed myself in my love for capturing the moments around me. 

I try to have my camera with me every time I go out.  I will find a place to travel to or visit, and then take in the surroundings as I explore and practice mindfulness.  Practicing mindfulness, and always enjoying the smaller things in life, are how I end up finding subjects to capture with my camera, especially if they are particularly stunning to me, or make me feel a strong emotion towards it.  I keep record of the subject and what happened while observing it and taking a picture, so that I can then use those feelings to link the photography to messages and narratives that help overcome anxiety with mindfulness/law of attraction.  In doing this, I have been told that my work is very therapeutic.
In five years, I see myself as a full-time creative that impacts the lives of others to a great extent, and in a very positive way. The message behind my work is to LIVE. Live in a way that makes your heart and personality sing.  Live by doing what makes you feel alive.  Anxiety is a huge enemy to the public, and a lot of the time it's because we feel limited from society's list of do's and don'ts, and outside opinions clouding our own.  Therefore we are caused to pursue things that don't truly make us happy, when life is all about the journey, not the destination.  My work acts as reminders to be positive and mindful as we go through our days, so that we can ultimately realize and discover what we are meant to be doing.  Only that will bring us true peace and happiness, and our inner Wanderers of Life to enjoy the journey as we walk it.




2018 Fairlawn Spring Avant-Garde Art & Craft Show
Saturday May 5, 2018
St. George's Fellowship Centre
3204 Ridgewood Rd.
Fairlawn, OH 44333
For more information, contact Becki Silverstein, at Becki@ag-shows.com
Visit us on:
FACEBOOK
LINKEDIN

No comments:

Post a Comment