Thursday, March 14, 2013

Crafts from the Heart!

Meet Bonnie Novak of Pieces of Time Jewelry...
My name is Bonnie Novak and my business is “Pieces of Time Jewelry.” I have been making and selling jewelry for over six years now and participating in Cleveland and Akron area fine art and craft shows.
I love making jewelry, creating it, and watching it come together. I have always loved jewelry, even as a small child, so I believe this business grew out of that passion.
The name of my business reflects the fact that I repurpose earrings and necklaces from vintage pieces. Many of them are Czech and Japanese beads that are of good quality, but the style is outdated. I take the vintage beads and combine them with new pearls, crystals and natural stones to bring new life to the necklace and earring sets.
In my newest venture, I am making bridal necklace and earring sets for “Artisan Bridal Shop” located in Ohio City. These sets are composed of vintage pearls, pins, and crystals. They will be a wonderful addition to the repurposed bridal gowns being offered in the shop.
This is the second Avant-Garde show I have attended and I intend to continue my business as long as ladies keep enjoying my work! Thanks for looking!

Meet Carla Fahrni of Treasured Sensations...
My name is Carla Fahrni, owner of Treasured Sensations. When I retired a couple of years ago, my son said I should start making my keepsake bears again. I made and sold quite a few in the past, but when I checked the internet, I found out that other crafters had flooded the market with them - I needed something original. The Memory Mutt was born!
I have been working at my business now for a year and a half. I love making the Memory Mutts the best of all the items I create and sell. I show potential clients samples of my mutts and my album of the mutts I have designed and made. Each mutt is individually designed for the client. They bring clothing that has a memory about it - sports, vacations, special events - and I design them a dog. I love watching each mutt being born as I create it! They all have their own look and expressions.
This will be my first Avant-Garde show and I am really looking forward to it. I have always enjoyed creating things and it seems like my best ideas and answers to creative problems come to me at night. I always like to make something new. As far as my creative process, I work at an idea to make it come alive.
I hope my business continues to grow over the next few years. I would like everyone to know that they can mail me the memory clothing and I can mail them the completed mutt. My creations capture personal memories for my buyers. All of my creations are "one of a kind." I plan on adding a Cuddly Cat to my memory collection soon.

Meet Desiree Adams of Paper Acres...

I just recently started making these flowers for my own use, but everyone that saw them was so interested, I thought I should share it them. I’ve been making these paper flower bouquets and wreaths for a little over a year. I'm very excited to be a part of this show!
I want to create something that will last. Bouquets of live flowers are a beautiful thing, but they die after a few days. These paper flowers will last as long as you want them to last. Using them in a wedding is fantastic because the memory of your bouquet doesn’t have to end. You can display it forever and even hand it down to the next generation.
When I was planning my wedding, I wanted something different and original. I experimented with paper flowers and it was a success. The bouquets last forever and you don’t even have to get them professionally “preserved” as you would for live flowers.
It takes a little while to make a normal size bouquet, I just get absorbed into the flowers and I can see the finished product before I even begin to work. In five years I hope to make custom bouquets for wedding parties. Beautiful flowers can last forever!
2012 Summit County Spring Avant-Garde Art & Craft Show
Sunday, April 28, 2013, 11:00am-5:00pm
The Tangier
532 West Market St.
Akron, OH 44303
For more information, contact Becki Cooper, Event Coordinator at info@avantgardeshows.com
Visit us on:






No comments:

Post a Comment