Friday, October 11, 2013

Vibrant Colors and Designs Inspire these Fall Summit 2013 Vendors!

Meet Colette Patty from Wolf Creek Creations...
My name is Colette Patty and I have a passion for crafting.  I spend my time crafting beautiful jewelry and I love to share my work with others.  My creativity comes from all things beautiful.  When I see something truly beautiful it inspires me to create.  My goal is to one day have my jewelry featured in magazines, sold in New York boutiques, and worn by celebrities.
I started making jewelry when I was very young.  When I started working my hobby was put on hold until I retired a few years ago.  When I go bead shopping I pick the beads that inspire me the most.  When I sit down to make a piece of jewelry I have no plan.  I let the beauty of the beads dictate how the jewelry will turn out.
After I retired I found myself with a lot of time.  Instead of buying gifts for people’s birthdays or Christmas I would make them.  So many of my friends ranted and raved about how great my jewelry was.  Everyone told me I should sell all the wonderful things I had been making, so I did!
I specialize in jewelry hand tailored to your style. I take your vision and turn it into something truly fabulous! I can use your beads or I can use my own. In the past, I have even made old heirloom jewelry into something fresh and new. The custom jewelry I make is very affordable and I keep my customers involved in the making of their unique pieces. Additionally, I can take a picture of a celebrity wearing an expensive piece of jewelry and replicate it for you at an affordable price.  
Meet Rachael Griffiths from Handcrafted by Rachel...
Hello everyone! I am married to my husband Matt, and we have two wonderful boys, Jackson and Rowan. At this point I am a stay at home mom, other than having my sewing business. I first started out making jewelry, and had a business doing that for about 5 years, and then The Lord opened he door to sewing for me.I have been sewing for almost a year now; this is my first Avant Garde Show and am very excited about it!

I love being able to make something from scratch, and see it come together. It is so fun for me to mix and match colors, and see ideas just come to life! I know that The Lord gave me this opportunity and He has given me he ideas, creativity, and inspiration to do this, to do it well, and to love what I do!

I have always loved arts and crafts since I was a little girl. I have always wanted to sew ever since I could remember. My husbands grandmother was a seamstress almost all her life, and when she passed away, it really ignited that passion again to learn. I wanted to keep the legacy going. I sought The Lord about wanting to learn, and I asked him to provide everything I needed. I bought my first sewing machine in Feb of this year and the rest is history! I began to learn and grow, and people started asking me to make them things from clothing, to bags and accessories. I began to pray about starting a business because the response was overwhelming! I told The Lord that if this was His will for my life, that He would have to supply all the supplies and finances to get started, and He did. People started donating fabric and thread, and more. I am so thankful for all that The Lord is doing.

My creative process is simple; I see colors or things that I like and just run with it!  
In 5 years, I will be wherever The Lord sees fit. At this point it is just me that works my business, but I pray that my business would grow to be able to add employees.  I also hope to have a thriving website as well. I am in the process of getting that together in the near future.

I just want to honor The Lord with my life, and all that He sees fit for my hands to do.  I want to be His hands extended to a lost and hurting world.  I'll never know who The Lord will put in my path through this business, and I always want to share the hope that is within me.


Meet Angela and Karen from WiSe Soap Studio...
WiSe Soap Studio is a business partnership Karen and Angela started just under a year ago. We love making soaps and beauty products where the creative possibilities are endless. We get to play and you get a beautiful natural product at a great price - an everyday splurge!
Our handmade products contain no detergents or chemicals. The combination of skin loving oils, colors and fragrances create art with utilitarian function. It’s a product you can feel good about. In addition to our soap line, we have added lip soothers, Aromatherapy shower soothers and whipped shea lotion. We’re always in search of new and exciting products to create.



2013 Summit County Fall Avant-Garde Art & Craft Show
Saturday & Sunday October 19 & 20, 2013 11:00am-5:00pm
St. George's Fellowship Centre
3204 Ridgewood Rd.
Fairlawn, OH 44333
For more information, contact Becki Cooper, Event Coordinator
Visit us on:

No comments:

Post a Comment