Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Diverse Handmade Vendors!

Meet Tori Tedesco from Little Birdie Design Studio...
Little Birdie Design Studio came from my LOVE of Design, Knitting, Paper, Yarn and Photography. My full time job is running my Design Firm (Tori Tedesco Design & Photography) however the rest of my time is spent creating new custom design knit wear for people and their pets! LBDS was started in the fall of 2009. This will be my third Avant-Garde Art & Craft Show.
As much as I love designing for people, I really love making and selling my doggie items. Proceeds from each sale is donated to the Humane Society of Greater. A cause that I truly believe in helping day in and day out!

My photography work comes from my love of my Holga and working in film! There is nothing better then to be able to step away from a digital camera and go back to the way I fell in love with photography... Film.

I have always been interested in the arts. Growing up I was in art classes, dance classes and music classes. My love for creativity continued as I went to college, where I majored in Visual Communication Design and minored in Photo Illustration and Dance Performance.

How I got started with my business... I already run my own design and photography firm so it was only natural for me to turn my love of knitting into a small business. 

When it comes to my creative process, I create things that I know I would love to wear. Knit wear that is easy to wear and multi-funtional. One of my favorite things about my business is that I love to know that someone else is going to get to enjoy wearing my items when I create them.

Simple and easy to wear is the message behind my knit wear for people. There is a much larger message behind the items that I knit for dogs. Every pet knit wear item that I sell I donate the proceeds back to Pawsibilities, Humane Society of Greater Akron. I strongly believe that we need to be there to help animals that can not help themselves.


Meet James Marquart from Cloudy Hill Creations...
I have worked with wood in one form or another for years. In the beginning it was purely a utilitarian endeavor, building and repairing shelves, cabinets, walls, and even small buildings. Gradually I began to appreciate the beauty of wood. I made a few items for my wife and liked it. It grew from there. 

Now that I am retired I’m able to devote more time to being creative. I am drawn to geometric shapes – especially unusual or asymmetrical shapes. I like the mystery a box presents. How does it open? What is inside? What is it made of? I also have a passion for finding a use for a particular piece of wood that would otherwise be discarded. This is why I started making pendants from left overs.  Wood has beauty within itself - the grain, hues and structures. The changes in grain patterns are amazing in their variations. 
I use an old Autocad program as my doodle pad. I then print out some patterns or ideas – usually only partly finished. I begin selecting wood from my collection of mostly salvaged material. I don’t adhere to particular dimensions, as the wood I select dictates the finished size. My pieces reflect how I see a particular design. Sometimes the finished products do not remotely resemble the initial design. So far, I have never made two identical boxes. That would be boring. The pendants are the only area where I repeat a design.

This is my first Avant-Garde show. I have some pieces on display at The Ohio Arts & Crafts Guild gallery in Canton. Until now most all of my marketing has been through Burr Studio in Waynesville, NC.    



Meet Michael Perczak from TSM Fine Arts Gallery...
I consider myself a fine artist and illustrator. I think of myself as extremely versatile..my works have ranged from puppies to nudes and everything in between.

I've been doing this since i was about twelve and figured out i was pretty good at this. This will be my first Avant-Garde Show and I'm really looking forward to it.

Where do I get my creativity from? Hmm that's a hard one, it's hard to explain. Sometimes its's just the way something strikes a chord in me, or it may be a look from my girlfriend, it may be looking at something and a what if hits me. What if that had another sky?
What do I enjoy most about creating, I would have to say somewhere when whatever I'm working on is about halfway done and I can see it coming together, the last part of doling the details is pure joy.

The first and obvious message in my work is the ability to freeze a moment in time, a moment of reflection. Second, I try to show a visual treat of details and textures. And third, whatever particular meaning a certain image creates for you the viewer which is unique to only you. 

Check out these featured vendors at the 2012 Summit County Winter Avant-Garde Art & Craft Show. This show will feature a large selection of talented handmade artisans and crafters. A portion of the show's proceeds will be donated to Jade's No Kill Rescue for animal rescue.


2012 Summit County Winter Avant-Garde Art & Craft Show
Sunday, December 2, 2012 11:00am-6:00pm
The Tangier
532 West Market St.
Akron, OH 44303
For more information, contact Becki Cooper, Event Coordinator at info@avantgardeshows.com
Visit us on:

No comments:

Post a Comment