Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Spring time is calling and these vendors are listening!

Meet Terri and Jessica from The Glass Lotus 
We are just crafty folk...plain and simple.  We have a great appreciation for the past, and we also have a great concern for our planet. When we integrate our craftiness, our appreciation and our concern, we end up with The Glass Lotus.
We are a mother-daughter team who repurpose vintage glass and crystal into beautiful and unique pieces of art. Our main focus is our glass garden flowers. For these, we search high and low for pristine vintage glassware and crystal. Our workshop is full of glass organized by color - literally hundreds upon hundreds of pieces.  We stack the glass until we find the absolute perfect composition. Then, each flower goes though a seven-day cleaning and fusion process.
Many of our glass flowers are inspired by real flowers, and others are inspired by suggestions from our large following of customers on Facebook. We are also working on new creations such as repurposed glass mushrooms, hummingbird feeders and bird baths.
We like to think that our work serves three main purposes. First, we hope to add to the warmth and character of our customers homes and gardens. Second, we hope our work elicits an appreciation for the beautiful glass that was hand-made so many decades ago. Last, we hope our work inspires people to take care of our precious planet by reducing, reusing, recycling, and re-purposing.

Meet Kathy Garber from Birdie Girls Treasures

My name is Kathy Garber and I currently live in Hudson, Ohio. I enjoy bird watching, gardening, hiking, metaphysics and crafting. I have been creating and crafting all of my life, but have just recently started selling my creations online on Ebay and Etsy (BirdieGirlsTreasures).My love of nature and animals inspire my creations. 
My picture collage creations were born from a frustration of searching for, and being unable to find specific animal and nature themed home décor and gifts in the past. My luminaries have developed from my past volunteer experience in creating centerpieces for parties and special events and the realization that there is a great interest in custom made items.

This is actually my first craft show, so I will be testing the waters to see if there is a greater interest in my items and hopefully that will help determine which direction to head in the future regarding my crafting business.  I am looking forward to becoming part of the craft vendor community and hope to be part of many more shows in the future!

Meet Terri Brewer from Necklascarf
I am Terri Brewer, co-owner of EverExpand Inc,  and creator of Necklascarf (tm), a collection of magnetic jewelry scarves.  I began EverExpand in 2012 as a springboard for creative products in fashion because of my belief and experience that life is ever expanding.  One idea or creative endeavor builds on another, ideas merge and create new ideas which inspire even more ideas. Necklascarf  evolved from my frustration with buying beautiful scarves only to have them pile up in the closet due to my  frustration in tying them, dislike of the long hanging ends, and an inability to get them off quickly.  I went to the internet to find a better product and was surprised to find that it didn't exist, other than infinity scarves which can be bulky and require being pulled over the head. 
Eighteeen months and over 50 prototypes later, I had created Necklascarf, a magnetic scarf that goes on in two seconds and cascades perfectly into place every time.  It has no back or front so you can put it on either way.  I scoured the world for jewelry components to make each one an elegant necklace as well as a scarf, and chose a wide spectrum of fabrics with content that yields the cascading effect that Necklascarf instantly gives.  Many fabrics simply don't work as a Necklascarf so we carefully choose only those that do and are in the process of designing our own fabrics. As my partner Sharon Fedor and I began exhibiting Necklascarf, we were amazed to find that women of every age from 9 - 99 were enchanted with them.  In two seconds a woman could pop on the Necklascarf and have a soft , flowing splash of color around her neck.  Each time a woman would put one on, we would see a shy smile as she looked in the mirror and realized "oh, I look nice."  We have come to enjoy that emerging smile from each woman who dons a Necklascarf. We learned that every woman of every age cares about how she looks, although many don't want much fuss when it comes to dressing.  
I also wanted my company EverExpand to do good in the world beyond making women look nicer, so I teamed up with Esperanza Threads, a wonderful non-profit organization in Cleveland who teaches women to sew and find jobs in textiles.  Esperanza Threads works with migrant workers, refugees and other women in transition to give them marketable skills in sewing.  Esperanza Threads now employs women highly skilled in sewing and monitors quality output carefully.  I am proud that my Necklascarf line is hand sewn by these women.  Cleveland has become part of a national movement to return textile manufacturing to the U.S., and we are part of that movement.

For me, the creative process, begins with a child-like curiosity and an openness to allowing inspiration to come from anywhere and everywhere. I believe that when one is open to creative ideas, the Universe rushes in to give you connections and inspiration.  


2014 Summit County Spring Avant-Garde Art & Craft Show
Saturday April 12th- 10:00am-5:00pm
Sunday April 13th- 11:00am-5:00pm
St. George's Fellowship Centre
3204 Ridgewood Rd.
Fairlawn, OH 44333
For more information, contact Becki Cooper, Event Coordinator
Visit us on:



No comments:

Post a Comment