Thursday, April 10, 2014

Craftiness is Happiness for These Three Creative Summit Vendors!

Meet Brittany Fechko from FetchCrafts...
I moved to Ohio about 3 years ago after graduating with a degree in Nutrition from the University at Buffalo and getting married to a Cleveland boy.
I am a running enthusiast, who loves to travel everywhere. Last year I got to go to Glacier NP in Montana and this year I am excited to go to Yosemite NP in California.
I am trying to make this my best year yet (which is hard because I had a season pass to Cedar Point last year) and that is one of the reasons I want to do this craft show. 
                         
I have been crafting for about 3 year now. It all started because I wanted my friends and family to have unique presents. I felt like they had everything already and I did not just want to buy a gift card. After a little time of doing this, I figured out, I'm not too shabby.   
                        
My process usually starts while running, it really easy for your mind to wonder when you are on a 20 mile run by yourself! There have been so many time when I am on the towpath and I go "I got it!" or "Great idea" and then hope no one is around to see me talking to myself. I also have a great group of running friends who I can bounce ideas off. And a few times when I am substitute teaching I ask the kids what they think because most of my items are for their age and it is nice having their input.

My crafts are all about fun and finding the perfect item for yourself or someone special in your life. I hope you enjoy Fetchcrafts!

Meet James WeckBacher from Let's Face It Caricatures...
This is my first Avante-Garde show. I have been drawing since I was 2 years old.  My Father is an artist so I grew up in a creative atmosphere.
                                               
I have been doing caricatures professionally for ten years.  I fell into it accidently on purpose.  A friend of mine got me started filling in for her when I lived in California.  Since I've moved back to my home state here in blustery Ohio,  I decided to start my own business and thus,  Lets Face It Caricatures was born. 
My company, J W Visual Arts encompasses various types of my work including caricatures, photography, illustration, graphics and eventually film and video. My slogan is "A picture is worth a thousand words but a caricature is worth a million laughs."    


Meet Kathy Garber from Birdie Girls Treasures...
My name is Kathy Garber and I currently live in Hudson, Ohio. I enjoy bird watching, gardening, hiking, metaphysics and crafting. I have been creating and crafting all of my life, but have just recently started selling my creations online on Ebay and Etsy (BirdieGirlsTreasures).

                             
My love of nature and animals inspire my creations.
My picture collage creations were born from a frustration of searching for, and being unable to find specific animal and nature themed home décor and gifts in the past. My luminaries have developed from my past volunteer experience in creating centerpieces for parties and special events and the realization that there is a great interest in custom made items.
This is actually my first craft show, so I will be testing the waters to see if there is a greater interest in my items and hopefully that will help determine which direction to head in the future regarding my crafting business.  I am looking forward to becoming part of the craft vendor community and hope to be part of many more shows in the future!



2014 Summit County Spring Avant-Garde Art & Craft Show
Saturday April 12th- 10:00am-5:00pm
Sunday April 13th- 11:00am-5:00pm
St. George's Fellowship Centre
3204 Ridgewood Rd.
Fairlawn, OH 44333
For more information, contact Becki Cooper, Event Coordinator
Visit us on:

No comments:

Post a Comment