Wednesday, May 15, 2019

It's Show Week Fairlawn!


Meet Marcia Kusnyer from Crafton Crafters…
Marcia and Gretchen are sisters, a retired nurse, and teacher, adventuring in a new direction. For years, we dabbled in the creative process for friends and family but were not afforded the time to pursue it completely because of our careers. We started out small, local shows and bazaars, and found a market for our designs and creations. We love coming up with new ideas and we bounce them off each other. Our individual strengths are very different but mesh well together. We translate our creative vision to into items for cooks, kids and to spruce up your home to make you and your family smile.

Meet Berry Jo Houck from Clever Idea...
I am a grandmother to two grandchildren in Columbus, Ohio, and a long term crafter/creator. I've been creating for 15 years and I'm always on the look-out for new items. I started crafting when my last child went to college. I wanted to create something I had seen in a magazine and figured out how to make it better.


I look for inspiration every day. I like to create affordable items for my customers so my message is you can find value in unique items for a low price. I've attended numerous Avant-Garde Art & Craft Shows, these are very nice, with unique items and vendors. In five years, I see myself still working at creating items to share with my customers.

Meet John Bean from JNT Bean...
I was born in Akron, Ohio and grew up in Sagamore Hills right across the street from what is now the Cuyahoga Valley National Park. I am one of nine children that my folks had. I worked in the printing industry for most of my adult life until my retirement in 2016. I have two adult children, three adult stepchildren, and three grandkids that I love and spoil! I also attend Cuyahoga Valley Church in Broadview Heights, Ohio. I have been doing this for about 2 years, and have attended other craft shows. This will be my first Avant-Garde.
I got into the craft hobby when I bought a cheap burner and played around with it. I realized how much I enjoy doing it. I just kept practicing. What inspires me to create is the beauty of nature and the complexities of God’s Creation. I see animals, fish, trees, etc. and that ignites a desire to reproduce their images. Over the next five years, hopefully, my skills will improve. My message is that God is the creator, I just copy his amazing handiwork

Meet Melissa White of Melissa and Derek...
My name is Melissa White. I am 48 and recently divorced. I am on disability and needed to find a way to supplement my income. My best friend and I were talking about my different talents and ways to make money. After a long night in March of 2019 of laughter and tears (and a few bottles of wine), I decided on jewelry making! This will be my first Avant-Garde show!
I love being creative it is so relaxing and what woman doesn’t love jewelry!??! I love looking at a stone or beads and seeing the possibilities. I am able to see the finished product while I’m making it. I find myself happy during the creative process which is a welcomed emotion after the last few years of heartbreak. I create jewelry to make women feel and look beautiful! In five years I hope to have a small store in Wakeman, Ohio.

Meet Amanda Kliever of Amanda Alyise... 
My name is Amanda, I am 29 years old and I love art! I play piano, guitar, and violin, and enjoy reading, writing, and crafting! I’ve been doing arts and crafts for as long as I can remember. I started doing wood burning in 2017 after taking a stroll through my local craft store and stumbling across a wood burning pen. This will be my first ever show! I started drawing from a young age and it’s something that I continued to develop over time while experimenting with various mediums.


I could describe my creative process in one word: spontaneous. I never really know what will inspire me. Sometimes I just have a vague idea of what I want to create and wait to find inspiration. I am inspired by the natural world. I deal with clinical depression and art is the best form of therapy for me. Wood burning is so therapeutic because it engages multiple senses at once. My lifelong dream has always been to make this my full time career. I’m very much a stop and smell the roses kind of person - so I think that’s the underlying message in my work - to appreciate the little things and celebrate life.


2018 Fairlawn Spring Avant-Garde Art & Craft Show
Saturday, May 18, 2019
10:00AM-5:00PM
St. George's Fellowship Centre
3204 Ridgewood Rd.
Fairlawn, OH 44333
For more information, contact Becki Silverstein, at Becki@ag-shows.com
Visit us on:
FACEBOOK
LINKEDIN

No comments:

Post a Comment