Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Fall Festive Shopping Coming to Fairlawn!

Meet Alysia Mayerl from Emris and Maple Designs...
Hi, my name is Alysia and I am 29 years old. My husband and I are currently expecting our first child in December. I have an educational and professional background in drama therapeutic and behavioral therapy work. I love all forms of creative, expressive art and the catharsis it can provide to not only the creator but anyone who comes in contact with the art piece. I have been crafting and creating since I was a child and with our baby, nicknamed Maple, on her way, I have been inspired to put my work out in the world. My passion is through various media: jewelry, signs, cards and products inspired by our dog, Emris. This will be my first Avant-Garde Art & Craft Show and I am very excited to step out of my craft room and into an event full of such talented crafters.
I am inspired by everything. I spend hours on end looking at things and imagining the endless possibilities that I can transform certain items into. I believe creativity is the key to success and I want to be able to show my daughter that creativity comes in many forms.
In about five years time, I would absolutely love to be crafting as a full-time job and inspiring children within the community to be creative and to learn how to embrace their ideas through the arts. Too many people believe they are not creative or talented and I want to encourage people to dive in on those doubts to find that we are all talented in our own unique ways. I believe everyone has a creative talent and if you do not believe you do it may be because YOU haven't invented it yet.

Meet Anne Hauser from Art with a Twist...
Hi, my name is Anne Hauser and I am a mother of 3 adult daughters. I have a degree in commercial art, and I am now finding time to revisit my passion through arts and crafts. I have been creating art for 40 years, but this will be my very first art show that I am going to participate in.
I discovered my talents in my high school art classes.  Receiving an art degree and having children fueled my drive to craft as a hobby.  I am inspired to create by just about everything. Ideas pop in my mind and I test it out until I perfect.

My creative process starts with research, and once something catches my eye, my thought process begins. I then like to take things a little further adding my own twist to it.
In five years I see my business adding income so that I can work part-time some days creating and taking care of my grand-babies  I hope that my customers are able to share in the message of my work which is being able to add a modern twist to something old and worn.


2019 Fairlawn Fall Avant-Garde Art & Craft Show
Saturday, November 2, 2019
10:00AM-5:00PM
St. George's Fellowship Centre
3204 Ridgewood Rd.
Fairlawn, OH 44333
For more information, contact Becki Silverstein, at Becki@ag-shows.com
Visit us on:
FACEBOOK
LINKEDIN


No comments:

Post a Comment